The front of this historic building adorned by twin towers and gothic model is divided into two areas, extending rearward impressive sturdy, big and beautiful. Lawang Sewu architecture art deco style, characterized by exclusive that developed in the era of 1850-1940 in continental Europe.
After the Japanese took over the Dutch rule in Indonesia in 1942, the basement of this building was previously a drainage channel in the “magic” into the dungeon as well as drainage channels. This building is also a silent witness to fierce battles between the people of Indonesia by the Japanese army known as the Battle of Five Days in Hyderabad (October 14, 1945 – October 19, 1945). To commemorate that historic event, a few years later the government built an inscription on page Wilhelmina Park is now known as Monument Muida
Ancient buildings and magnificent two-storey is used as an office after independence Railway Bureau Indonesia (DKARI) or PT Rail is now Indonesia. Also once used as Office of the Military Area Command Facility (Kodam IV / Diponegoro) Regional Office (Regional Office) Department of Transportation Central Java.
Given Lawang Sewu have important historical value, then the Municipal Mayor of Semarang with SK 650/50/1992, enter Lawang Sewu as one of 102 ancient or historic buildings in the city of Semarang that should be protected.
Incoming search terms: